We make transparency the default state of digital advertising.
The AdHash Protocol cuts out the ad tech middlemen to bring efficiency, trust, and control.
Facilitates all communications required to serve an ad in less than 10 milliseconds.
Performs operations related to ad trading and voting, scheduled to occur at specific intervals, such as payments and rewards.
Manages processes initiated by users or algorithms at arbitrary times, such as voting and campaign implementations.
Get your ads running within minutes.
Utilise real-time data updated every five seconds to analyse performance and make faster, smarter decisions.
Use computationally verifiable targeting to make sure you never again pay for ads delivered to the wrong audience.
Join the decision-making process governing the ecosystem and get paid for your contribution.
The exceedingly intermediated ad supply chain leads to inefficiencies and a significant loss of money, data, and privacy:
1. Ad tech middlemen consume more than 70% of publishers’ ad revenues.
2. Advertisers have little transparency into where their money is going and how their ROI is generated.
3. $19 B were lost on ad fraud in 2018 and the figures are growing.
4. Users have little knowledge of how their personal data are used and no control over their browsing experience and ad preferences.
We have four major categories of competitors: the big walled gardens (Google, Facebook, Amazon), Open RTB 3.0, native advertising networks (Outbrain and Taboola), and other advertising projects using blockchain to bring transparency.
AdHash introduces two unique innovations to the ad industry that set us apart:
1. Direct ad serving providing complete transparency through first-party data.
2. Unique ad hashes guaranteeing accountability and control.
As a result, AdHash is the only solution on the market that can offer computationally-verifiable targeting data, scalable real-time reporting, an order of magnitude lower commission, and an order of magnitude quicker ad serving speeds.
Most importantly, our protocol eliminates the majority of all known ad fraud attack vectors.
It is true that some of our competitors are huge companies, but they have created a broken industry. Advertisers spend more money each year to reach fewer people who strongly dislike being tracked while publishers are finding it increasingly difficult to monetise their content. Advertisers and publishers are looking for alternatives. Users have installed over 600 million ad blockers. And regulators have been pushing for stricter data protection frameworks.
The AdHash team believes that our open source privacy-focused protocol that puts the user first has the answer to all of their concerns. Our aim is to have a big impact on the monetisation of the open internet by opening up for integrations and thus capturing a significant market share.
Yes, we will, especially the bad ones. The reality of today's ad infrastructure is that is riddled with middlemen who provide no real value. In fact, many of them provide negative value. They are a product of a broken system in which the lack of transparency and accountability were tolerated for too long.
However, there are many ad tech companies who bring unique inventory, data, formats, or bidding strategies to the market. Those, as well as any others who need to differentiate themselves in an increasingly commoditised space, can easily integrate with AdHash and gain a competitive advantage.
In order to bring scale to the ad industry, there will always need to be a middleman meeting the supply and demand.
AdHash charges a 3% commission to do this. However, unlike any other solution on the market, there are no middlemen in the flow of information in our protocol, not even AdHash. All data are collected directly by publishers and advertisers and cannot be altered or even viewed by any third parties. Using cryptography, we ensure that the targeting criteria of each advertiser are met and their ads are always served to the right audience.
The AdHash Protocol guarantees privacy and full control over the users' browsing experience and ad preferences. Apps and websites will also load significantly faster and without disruptive or repetitive ads.
Today as much as 70¢ of every $1 is spent on ad tech tax, squeezing publishers' margins and leaving little for quality content creation. The AdHash Protocol cuts out the middlemen and minimises ad fraud, allowing publishers to capture more of the value they create. 97% of all ad spend goes directly to publishers. Payments are issued daily.
Want to learn more? Visit our Publishers page.
The rise of ad fraud and lack of transparency have left advertisers unable to track where their budgets are being spent. Fragmentation and absence of standardisation across ad tech providers have led to inefficiencies and overspending. Ad blockers have pushed advertisers further away from their target audiences.
The AdHash Protocol eliminates the middlemen, inefficiencies, and most popular ad fraud attacks to offer a brand-safe environment with accurate first-party data delivered in real-time. No hidden fees, just a single 3% commission easily verifiable through the Ethereum blockchain. We offer full flexibility and no budget lock-ins. You can withdraw any outstanding balance in your account at any time as well as add or subtract services as your needs change. Launch your campaigns in minutes and leverage cryptographically-verified targeting so that you never again have to pay for ads that reach the wrong audience.
Want to learn more? Visit our Advertisers page.
The AdHash Voting System is designed to democratise the decision-making process and ensure the security and integrity of our ecosystem. Publishers, advertisers, and users can all get involved and earn rewards for their valuable contributions.
If you are compelled by the idea of a more transparent, efficient, and scalable ad ecosystem, we invite you to join our community.
Want to learn more? Visit our Voting page.
By providing unique and tamper-resistant unique IDs for all participants and ad creatives in the ecosystem, the AdHash Protocol stores all important interactions on the Ethereum blockchain. Detailed private information about campaigns is still stored securely on marketers’ servers, but the history of serving and modifying ads is stored forever in a distributed ledger that can be accessed by anyone. These innovations allow AdHash to introduce for the first time a mechanism for self-hosting ads, allowing advertisers to combat ad fraud by relying on their first-party data instead of third-party data provided by intermediaries.
Ad fraud is a lengthy subject, more details can be found in Chapter II of our White paper.
1. Complete the join form for advertisers.
2. If you select the AdHash Server-Side Platform, follow the steps from your email to install the platform on your server.
If you choose AdHash Cloud, all you need to do is log into the AdHash Platform using the login details sent to you via email.
3. Once logged in, you can register your wallet and fund your account.
4. It is time to set up your campaign. You can select targeting criteria, CPC caps, blacklists, frequency and recency capping, etc. To ensure the security of the AdHash ecosystem, each advertiser is required to submit a deposit equal to five times their planned daily ad spend. The deposit represents your skin in the game and may be withheld in the event of a policy breach or non-payment.
5. Final step - creatives. Within minutes of uploading your creatives, each will be assigned a unique ad hash recorded on the blockchain. Once that's done, you're ready to go.
1. Complete the join form for publishers.
2. Follow the steps from your email to install the AdHash Server-Side Platform on your server.
3. Once logged in, you can register your wallet. We will use this address to transfer your earnings. Publisher earnings are divided into two types:
- from advertisers: the amounts paid by advertisers for each verified click (transferred daily).
- from minting: the rewards you earn from AdHash for each verified click (transferred once every 14 days).
To ensure the security of the AdHash ecosystem, the rewards accumulated from minting over a 14-day period will serve as your collateral and may be withheld in the event of a policy breach.
4. The AdHash Dashboard will allow you to generate ad unit tags and implement price floors and blacklists.
5. And you're all set!
1. Complete the join form for voters.
2. Follow the steps from your email to log into the AdHash Voting Platform.
3. Once logged in, you can see your current rank. It is 25 points for newly registered voters. For more information on ranks, please visit our Voting page.
4. When elected to vote, you will receive an email request containing a link. The link is only valid for 30 minutes before it expires. When you click on the link, it will lead you to the Voting Platform where you can review the case and submit your vote. From your profile, you can see all past and pending votes.
5. Once the final vote is complete, you will receive an email notification containing the result, your new rank, and the amount of voting rewards earned.
In today’s advertising industry personal information is compiled, profiled, traded, and exploited in every possible way. This has pushed many users towards ad blockers.
In addition to this, the evidence against behavioural targeting is piling up as more research and empirical evidence is gathered on the topic.
To stop this trend from spiralling down, we have taken measures to ensure that users’ personal information remains personal. Targeting is carefully calibrated to ensure a balance between data privacy and ad relevance. With AdHash, advertisers use contextual targeting which is directly measurable and 100% verifiable.
For more information about targeting, visit our Help page.
AdHash equips users with a comprehensive set of tools to control their exposure to ads. Thanks to our unique ad hashes, users can now quickly and effectively remove ads they do not wish to see. They can flag and block inappropriate ads from the Ad Quality Control icon at the top right corner of each AdHash ad.
For those who wish to remove ads altogether, AdHash is the first ad platform to enable users to bid against advertisers on equal grounds. All a user needs to enjoy an ad-free browsing experience while still supporting their favourite publishers is a wallet ID.
The decentralised nature of the AdHash Protocol means that there is no single point of failure or central database to compromise. Private data is only stored on your own servers and could not be accessed even if other servers on the network get breached.
The blockchain ledger of transactions keeps a temper-proof record of the state of the network so that all participants can easily get back in sync should they experience temporary technical problems.
Yes, AdHash is fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation. No personal data is collected or stored by AdHash without the knowledge of its users. We created tools that make it easy to check how ads are being targeted at users and to remove all ads from anyone’s browsing experience. In addition, the Server-Side Platforms we offer to publishers and advertisers include advanced settings on processing and storing user information.
The current ad tech ecosystem is heavily intermediated. Publisher data can change hands up to 20 times before reaching the advertiser. On this convoluted journey, valuable information is often lost, distorted, or inflated by thousands of different ad tech companies. This leads to significant discrepancies and lack of trust.
Our goal is to eliminate those middlemen and allow advertisers and publishers to transact more directly. For the first time advertisers are guaranteed accurate data by relying entirely on first-party metrics. They store all measurement data locally on their own servers and can quickly and easily verify metrics with publishers.
Intrusive ads, slow page loading, and exploitation of personal data have pushed many internet users towards ad blockers. We believe advertising should power meaningful conversations in a simple and non-intrusive way. To achieve this, we removed the disruptive ad formats, ad repetition, and third-party tracking scripts.
AdHash uses static ads which do not distract from the content and are less heavy on the users’ hardware. Together with our bidding optimisations, this contributes to much quicker ad loading times, better performance and battery life, and higher viewability.
The AdHash Voting System is designed to democratise and incentivise the decision-making process that governs our ecosystem. It serves to:
- Secure the integrity of the ecosystem by allowing participants to proactively identify and block abusers within minutes.
- Replace the ineffective creative approval process with a more efficient one.
- Facilitate self-regulation, enabling the network to be self-sustaining.
- Provide a democratic framework for quick dispute resolution.
- Give participants equal opportunity to contribute and get rewarded for their efforts.
To learn more about the AdHash Voting System, please visit our Voting page.
The application of blockchain allows us to:
- Implement unique IDs for each ad, advertiser, and publisher. This provides user control, prevents double-spending inefficiencies, ensures a more efficient media buying process, and secures the direct ad serving process.
- Reduce the complexity and solve the trust issue by replacing the current intermediary structure with a direct and computationally verifiable transaction channel between advertisers and publishers.
- Offer fast and cheap transactions.
- Build an incentivised consensus mechanism to secure the ecosystem.
- Store the decisions governing the ecosystem in a publicly verifiable ledger.
We are using Ethereum because it is the most widely-adopted blockchain with the largest community. In order to be truly open source and truly inclusive, we want to work with a technologies that are familiar to as many people as possible. Having a wide variety of use cases, Ethereum also guarantees scale and security.
However, if it becomes necessary, AdHash can easily switch to another blockchain in the future. Our very low on-chain transaction volume that scales linearly with the number of clients we onboard makes this seem like an unlikely scenario.
AdHash carefully combines blockchain with off-chain usage to provide scalability, minimise transaction costs, and offer transparency while maintaining a level of privacy.
Recorded on the blockchain are:
- Unique Hash IDs (for accountability and ad fraud prevention).
- Bulk settlement transactions between advertisers and publishers (for transparency and verification).
- Voting results (for a tamper-proof record of all decisions governing the ecosystem).
- Block lists (to ensure that abusers can no longer participate).
Detailed information pertaining to the buying and selling of inventory between any two parties is stored off-chain to:
- Ensure that any sensitive information such as media-buying patterns or monetisation strategies remains private.
- Minimise the blockchain transaction costs.
- Sidestep the current blockchain scalability limitations and facilitate the high-speed transactions of RTB advertising.
- Automatically resolve disputes in the event of discrepancies between the data provided in on-chain transactions by advertisers and publishers.
RTB advertising transaction volumes are approaching tens of millions per second. With the emergence of header bidding in the past few years, that number has grown significantly. There is currently no blockchain that can handle this amount of transactions.
The AdHash off-chain transactions elegantly sidestep this problem. Detailed RTB data containing sensitive information such as media-buying patterns and monetisation strategies is stored securely on the publishers' and advertisers’ servers. Only bulk transactions, unique ad hashes, blacklists, and voting results are stored on the blockchain. The frequency of these transactions is very small even for the arguably low current capacity of the Ethereum blockchain.
The AdHash Bidder charges a 3% commission for every transaction that goes through it. That is the only cost that we charge. AdHash is completely free for users.
All transactions in the AdHash ecosystem are executed in a native cryptocurrency - the AD Token. But don't worry, as a client you don't have to think about the backend infrastructure - all earnings and costs will be listed in your preferred fiat or digital currency. There are four main reasons that justify having a native token. It enables:
- Micro transactions and quick settlement periods.
- Our own economic model and incentive mechanism to reward contribution and further the development of the ecosystem.
- A staking mechanism and deposit system to secure the voting system.
- Price stability. Unlike other digital currencies, the values of which are mostly driven by speculation, the AD token is strongly tied to the real-world demand for buying and selling ads which makes it more resilient to price volatility.
Publishers today pay their salaries, rent, taxes, and pretty much all other expenses in fiat currencies, just like most businesses do. As long as this remains the case, it will always be more convenient to receive fiat money instead of digital currencies. However, fiat transactions are slow and costly. In the advertising space, publishers usually wait a minimum of 55 days to receive their payments.
Publisher earnings paid in AD tokens, on the other hand, cost significantly less in transaction fees and are executed daily. The efficiency and speed far outweigh the inconvenience.
For advertisers, there are no more budget lock-ins. In most advertising platforms, funds, once deposited, are difficult or impossible to withdraw, should you decide to spend them elsewhere. With AdHash, you can quickly and easily retrieve your remaining AD tokens and convert them into any crypto or fiat currency.
You can buy AD tokens directly from AdHash. Our goal is to distribute the entire token supply to a wider community of advertisers and publishers as quickly as possible. For advertisers, buying AD tokens and using them to purchase advertising will be no different than running ads and paying for them in fiat currencies on any of the existing ad platforms.